“Jérôme Miet oysters”, partner of the Hot Spots by Golfy and contributor to Easy Driver Royan: between tradition and innovation, discover different varieties, their benefits, and as a bonus a special Valentine’s Day recipe…
Tradition & Innovation
Since he took over the management of Huîtres Miet in 1994, at the age of 23, Jérôme Miet has been perpetuating the family tradition based on innovation in the service of the development of the terroirs.
Because in the family, we have been oyster farmers for about a hundred years.
Today, Jérôme Miet offers oyster lovers the IGP Marennes-Oléron, 100% from the Mornac-sur-Seudre terroir, and the special double-terroir oysters, bred in Normandy and matured in the Claires de Mornac-sur-Seudre.
A patented system to guarantee optimal freshness
A unique know-how, developed and perfected for more than 30 years by Jérôme Miet and his teams, is the secret of the consistency of the quality of Miet Oysters.
Innovation at the service of the oyster: development of a state-of-the-art production and logistical tool, which allows you to have oysters of exceptional freshness on your plate
The Miet oysters
- La Fine de claire Jérôme Miet Marine flavours, tonic, iodized, with a slight taste of hazelnut.
- La Spéciale Jérôme Miet Raised in Normandy, matured in Mornac-sur-Seudre, fleshy and delicate. The stars of the Miet house
- Marennes Oléron Born, raised and matured in the unique terroir of Marennes Oléron. World famous.
- The “M” The signature oyster of the Miet house. On the table of the best restaurants in Charente-Maritime and elsewhere.
Deliverable at home: visit mleshuitres.com
Express delivery anywhere in France by Chronofresh: adapted to fresh products and responding to changes in food consumption and the “eat better” trend.
Orders placed from Monday to Thursday before noon and delivered the next day before 1pm.
- Micro-productions: Spéciales Tradition and the March oyster
- Tailor-made products produced exclusively for retail partners: “L’Excellence” for Auchan, “Victorine” for Carrefour
THE 5 BENEFITS of Charente Maritime Oysters
N°1 GOOD FOR THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
Oysters contain large quantities of fatty acids from the omega 3 family with protective effects on the cardiovascular system.
Thanks to its calcium (= dairy product) and magnesium (= a slice of wholemeal bread) content.
N°3 BETTER RESISTANCE TO PHYSICAL EFFORT
Allows a better resistance and tolerance to physical effort, thanks to its rich contribution in selenium and vitamin C.
N°4 GOOD MUSCLE RECOVERY
After a sporting effort, eating oysters facilitates the formation of red blood cells and the transport of oxygen, thanks to their vitamin B12 and iron content
N°5 GOOD FOR THE BRAIN
The docosahexaenoic acid contained in oysters contributes to the development and functioning of the brain, as well as to the maintenance of cognitive functions and vision.
Caloric value: 66Kcal / Caloric value: 280Kj Moisture: 83,3g / Ash: 2,3g / Protein: 8,6g / Carbohydrates by difference: 4,0g / Total fat: 1,7g / Cholesterol: 20,3mg
SPECIAL ST VALENTINE RECIPE – 2022 Oysters Charente Maritime
Citrus Oyster by July Healthy Cooking
FOR 2 PEOPLE
- 6 oysters n 3 HCM
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 kumquats
- 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- timut pepper
- 1/2 shallot
- Edible flowers
- Mix the cider vinegar with the juice of one blood orange, add a turn of the timut pepper mill
- Mince the shallot and add to the preparation
- Open the oysters, empty the first water and cut the muscle
- Add the preparation to the oyster, then carefully place the oyster on top
- Make blood orange supremes to place on the oyster with a slice of kumquat
- Zest the lemon over the preparation
- Decorate with a few edible flowers
- Finish with a twist of timut pepper
Photo Credit : Eugénie Beasse – Blackcat photography
Jérôme Miet is an oyster farmer in Mornac sur Seudre (classified among the most beautiful villages in France).
Discover and buy oysters grown on the banks of the Seudre.
A good solution to treat yourself and go directly from the producer to the consumer!
Find Miet Oysters in the Hot Spots By Golfy !
“100% of the population who have ever witnessed a sunset over the marshes of Mornac-sur-Seudre have fallen in love with this unique landscape” Jérôme Miet
19 route de la Seudre
+33 (0) 5 46 22 75 07